UKGI Limited and UKGI Services Limited (“UKGI”) regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as fundamental to our operations and to the maintenance of confidence of the organisations and individuals with whom we carry out our business activities. This Policy was published in July 2020. UKGI is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting our website or booking on a course or accepting our emails you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Notice. We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, email address, job title and other business contact information.
- Data provided by you through your actions such as attending workshops or receiving other UKGI services.
- Any information you give us in relation to our services (such as workshop feedback forms) or by completing documents to facilitate our consultancy services (such as Financial Conduct Authority authorisation, application or notification forms).
Uses Made of the InformationFor the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), UKGI Limited and UKGI Services Limited are the data controllers. We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide our services to you.
- To tell you about our services, let you know of up coming workshops and provide our services, such as regulatory updates.
- To help us make relevant suggestions to you about further services you may benefit from.
- To provide you and your employer if requested with a record of the learning you have undertaken with us or events attended.
- To improve our services.
- Sharing with other businesses within The UKGI Group, such as Searchlight Insurance Training, to investigate and deliver services complementary to those delivered by UKGI.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
- The performance of our contractual arrangements with you or your employer – such as maintaining our internal records in relation to our arrangements, maintaining records of the services we provide to you and the work we do for you, sending you joining instructions for events that you are registered for or in making on your behalf certain applications or notifications to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Our legitimate interests or your explicit consent – to provide information about our services (marketing).
- Your explicit consent – For the purposes of safeguarding and processing special categories of data and criminal convictions data.
Disclosure of Your InformationUKGI will not disclose your information to any third party except:
- Individuals within your organisation nominated by you or your employer. Those individuals may be your line manager, group managers or learning and development staff.
- To third parties such as Regulators where the disclosure of that information is in line with your request or is part of carrying out our services to you (such as the provision of information in applications or notifications to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Strategic partners
- In the following exceptional cases:
- If UKGI, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal DataAll information you provide to us is stored electronically on our secure servers in the UK.
How long will we keep your data for?We will keep a copy of your data until you withdraw consent to us holding your details or until we no longer reasonably need to retain the information, subject to a maximum period of six years after our contractual arrangements come to an end. We regularly review the information held to endeavour to keep such information accurate and up to date, and to remove it if we no longer reasonably need to retain it. The emails we send you contain a clearly identified unsubscribe option, and if you use this option your information will not be used for marketing purposes.
Your RightsUKGI abides by all relevant Data Protection legislation and your rights determined therein. Under the legislation you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal data (This Privacy Notice).
- The right to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you. (In most cases this will be free of charge).
- The right to have personal information rectified if inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of erasure of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances e.g. if its accuracy is being contested.
- The right to data portability which, subject to certain conditions, allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services.
- The right to object to certain processing including for the purposes of marketing.
- Rights to information in relation to automated decision making and profiling.